Renewable Energy Finance
Why We Finance Renewable Energy:
- Assist in the promotion of socially responsible goals and policies
- Promoting energy independence and environmental responsibility
- Participation in the enormous growth of the green industry
The flexibility of Advanced Energy Capital to invest either equity or debt quickly and efficiently provides industry players with the financing they need to succeed.
Renewable Energy is Growing Exponentially:
- By 2030, 70% of new power generation is expected to come from renewable sources.
- Investment in renewable energy generation capacity is expected to total $7 trillion over the next 20 years.
- Hundreds of gigawatts of new generating capacity (including end-use combined heat and power) are projected to be added over the next two decades.
What is Driving Growth?
- Growing energy demand and cost
- The aging and retirement of existing power plants
- The continuing falling cost to build renewable energy power plants
- Policy and regulatory changes and incentives
Sample Renewable Energy Finance Deals:
- Investments Made in Both Development Companies and Projects
Investments May be Equity, Preferred Equity, Junior (“Mezz”) Debt and/or Senior Debt
- Solar Energy
- Retail Energy Providers (REPs) Selling Renewable Power
- REPs Selling Renewable Power – Junior capital for customer acquisition
- Factoring Facilities for REPs Selling Renewable Power