IS RENEWABLE ENERGY A GROWING ASSET CLASS
- By 2030, 70% of new power generation is expected to come from renewable sources.1
- Investment in renewable energy generation capacity (renewable power plants) is expected to total $7 trillion over the next 20 years. 2
- 235 gigawatts of new generating capacity (including end-use combined heat and power) are projected to be added between 2011 and 2035.3
- What’s driving growth?
- growing energy demand,
- the aging and retirement of existing power plants
- the continuing falling cost to build renewable energy power plants
There is no guarantee that these trends will continue or that we will be able to take advantage of them.
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance, November 2011.
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance, April 2013
- Energy Information Administration, Annual Energy Outlook – Early Release December 2012